Friday, June 20, 2014

The Quest For Sriracha

Last night I went to Sleepy Hollow to pick up sriracha sauce from the Mint restaurant , where I first tasted the Roland brand. The first time I tried it, the store had a lot of bottle on the shelves, last night I couldn't find one.
I walked over to the Mrs. Greens to try my luck. They had a Thai version, but a different brand so I passed on it. While I looked around, I ran into my friend Jim, owner of Modern Myths Comic Books. We talked about helping a mutual friend move and got back to our shopping. No luck finding a brand of sauce I was willing to try, I decided that C-Town was going to be my final stop.
There I found 2 brands, one I've never heard of and Texas Pete’s which I bought.
At home I made a Dr. Praeger’s Vegetable Burger and Trader Joe’s French Fries. I filled a small bowl with the sriracha sauce and dipped a couple of fries in. After I swallowed, I started to hiccup.
'Oh no' I thought, 'Am I having a weird reaction to the sauce?'
Turns out I was just eating too fast and the spicy sauce didn’t help. So I slowed down and my hiccups stopped. I got to enjoy the taste of Texas Pete’s sauce and found it be a good tasty brand,

No comments:

Post a Comment