Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sleeping Better

Lifehacker.com recently posted an article about not checking your clock when you wake up during the night so you’ll sleep better.




I decided to try it last week, and I felt better on the first day. First off, the digital clock I was using has a red display. At night, this would cast a glow in my bedroom. Red is not a pleasant color to try and fall asleep to.


I keep my iPod Touch next to me, but I resisted the urge to check it when I woke up during the night.


Usually I wake up at 2 or 3 A.M. and go right back to sleep. Then I’ll wake up at 4/4:30 A.M. That’s when I stay up since I get out of bed at 5 to make coffee and breakfast, then get ready for work.


I think the removal of the red light clock was the most beneficial. Not only was checking the time worthless, but by not rolling over to look, I would go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment