Thursday, April 23, 2015

Trying Something Chew

For the past several days, I've been taking my time when eating meals. I'll chew my food thoroughly and pause between bites. I noticed how this approach has been beneficial last night after dinner with my parents. We went to Abatino's and I had eggplant parmigiana, the dinner version which includes a salad.

Because I took my time with the salad, I was half done when they brought out the eggplant parm. It was so hot the sauce was bubbling. When I finished my salad, my main course had cooled enough to not burn the inside of my mouth on the first bite.

Using my fork, I cut small portions and chewed about 20 times before swallowing. This gave me time to talk with my parents and enjoy the meal.

It wasn't till I got home that I realized my stomach didn't feel bloated or hurt as in the past when I would be taking a third bite while chewing the first.

Tonight we got dinner at The Cabin Restaurant where I did the same with my portabella mushroom burger and fries. As I write this, my tummy is full and feeling fine.

Only took me 43 years to try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment