Sunday, June 21, 2015

In Honor Of Father's Day

Several years ago I was given the advice of "You didn't write it down, it didn't happen" and I've followed it ever since. Before I got my first iPod Touch (thanks Brian) I carried a note pad with me.

I still like writing things down with a piece of paper and a pen from time to time, and it's all thanks to my Dad.

It actually started when I worked for him at his grocery store. As a stock boy, I would have to fill the soda and beer cases several times during the longer shifts. My Dad gave me a piece of folded paper and a pencil for me to write down how many six-packs and two liters I'd need from the downstairs storage room. Believe it was easier to write it down first, and then lug up the hand-truck as little as possible up 2 flights of stairs.

My Dad still carries a piece of paper and pen with him where ever he goes (despite me buying him Field Notes and the Space Pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment