Sunday, July 26, 2015

In The Cucina With Seamas

I love Trader Joe's Tahini Free Hummus Dip, however I was finishing off the container during the week. Luckily the first time this happened I had a can of garbanzo beans in my cupboard. Finding a tahini free recipe and using the ingredients listed, I made my own version of it. Though I put too much garlic in, a tablespoon.I like garlic, but it overpowered my concoction.

On my next shopping run I bought chickpeas to try it again. This time I cut it down to a teaspoon of garlic, but added cumin, and black pepper. It still had a kick to it, but better than the first batch.

Today, I went a teaspoon of each spice, 4 tablespoons of canola oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. I went an extra step and peeled the skin off each pea (which took 15 minutes).

This batch was creamier than the previous two, and the spices are subtle.

I bought 2 cans yesterday, because they're cheaper than 1 of the Tahini Free Hummus Dip. Also 1 can is 15 ounces while the pre-made hummus is 16 ounces.

Now it's a question of eating it too much because it's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment