Thursday, January 12, 2017

Reading

I used to enjoy reading, to the point where I laid in bed all day reading Wizard & Glass in the Gunslinger series from Stephen King. Now I’ll read for 5 minutes and that’s enough for a month.

So I decided to remedy this situation by rereading a favorite series, The Spellsinger by Alan Dean Foster. Thanks to the Amazon gift card from my brother, I bought the first book. It was tempting to buy the complete series since it was $49.95 but that would have used up the gift card.

It’s been a slow start and Alan can’t be blamed, I still enjoy Jon-Tom’s introduction to Mudge. I could have spent time reading last Monday since I had a day off from work, but was still recovering from New Year’s Eve (I ate too much baked brie and cookies & cream)

This past Monday, I sat down, cracked open my iPad and read the rest of chapter 1. I still laugh from the humor of Mudge and Jon-Tom’s outlook of the strange world he’s now a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment