Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Silver Lining...

to being unemployed is that New York State offers free classes on Resume Building, Networking, and Stress Management. Each class taught me something new, and using the lessons has made me feel better. During the stress management class, I suggested meetup.com after everyone agreed that they feel isolated due to their situation, present company included.

Another suggestion that the counselor made was one I already read on lifehacker.com, keeping your routine. It's tough to keeping one when I'm unmotivated, but that is a vicious cycle in itself and glad I see when I'm stuck in it.

I can break out of it, by socializing with friends, getting out of the apartment, and treating myself. That doesn't mean I spend a lot of money, an everything bagel with vegetable tofu makes me happy.

Listening to a playlist on iTunes, reading a book of poetry, and of course a walk in the woods are my ways to deal with stress.

Getting back to my Sunday blog too.


No comments:

Post a Comment