Sunday, April 3, 2016

I Would Like To Be An Average Mind

At my last job there was a co-worker who talked loudly, cursed a lot, had personal conversations where the whole office heard, and tried to be the center of attention.

It’s actually been awhile since I’ve thought of them but I’m going through saved blog ideas as a way to improve my writing and finishing what I’ve started.

Back then I would think about the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt,

‘Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people’

There were plenty of times that I was an audience to coworkers talking about each other. Sometimes one of them would leave the circle and they’d become the subject of discussion.

When you think about a person in a negative way not only is it a bad thing to do, but you’re cheating yourself out of having good thoughts about how to improve your life and of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment