Sunday, May 15, 2016

In The Cucina With Seamas

Last night I wanted nachos but couldn't decide if I wanted to go to Tomatillo in Dobbs Ferry or Blue Moon Mexican Cafe in Mount Vernon. Both make excellent versions but I was debating the fact that just because I had forty dollars remaining after food shopping didn't mean I had to spend it.

It didn't help that each place serves Captain Lawrence beer which would bring my bill up to twenty dollars. I have to treat myself to a great beer with nachos.

If I was going to spend twenty dollars then I would buy the ingredients and make my own. So a second trip to Trader Joe's and I bought tortilla chips, cheese, refried beans, soy "beef", salsa and roasted peppers (wanted to try something new). I already had guacamole and beer from earlier trips.

The total for the fixings, sixteen dollars and I can make more meals later.

Only problem with my nachos is that they're so delicious I eat them too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment