Sunday, May 1, 2016

They're Coming To Get You, Barbara!

In this time of remakes, reboots, and reimaginings there is one movie (in my opinion) that is just as good as the original.


I’ve been a fan of the zombie genre for a long time now and I’ve seen a lot of movies that cover this genre. Some good, some bad but NotLD is one I can rewatch several times a year. Despite my constant viewings, the opening scene of the full moon rising with the creepy music still scares me.

I have to mention another great actor, Tom Towles as Cooper (I got to work the insult yo-yos into my repertoire)

Tom Savini did the special effects and make up for Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, so he was the perfect choice to direct a remake. He kept true to the original storyline (albeit one twist) and didn’t amp up the explosions or gore as most remakes do.

The special effects for the zombies had a broad range of damage done to them. If you decide to watch it and can listen to the commentary from Tom Savini, he explains his ideas for scenes and the zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment