Monday, December 8, 2014

Don't Mess With My Coffee

While sitting at my computer this morning, with my fourth cup of coffee, I kept hearing this odd hissing noise. At first I thought it was my radiator because I closed the valve, but as I stood next to it, the sound came from the kitchen.


My neighbor and I share a wall, so I waited to hear if it was them making it. That’s when I heard it coming from my Farberware percolator. Turns out, there was a bit of coffee in the reservoir at the bottom and the ‘keep warm’ temperature was too high for it. As I unplugged it, I hoped the thermostat wasn’t acting up again. The percolator had fixed itself after brewing the coffee weaker.


Prior to making this morning’s batch, I gave my bean grinder a cleaning, because it’s been louder. I thought a bean had gotten stuck under the blades or in the column. After wiping it down, I saw that one blade tip broke off. It still grinds the beans so I shouldn’t have to replace it anytime soon, just a few more seconds holding down the button.

Now I'm concerned with how the percolator will work tomorrow morning.

1 comment: