Saturday, December 13, 2014

Emergency Repair Procedure Number One

While I didn't kick it, I did reboot my Kindle Fire this afternoon. The trouble started last night, I was eager to watch The Wolf of Wall Street but the Netflix app kept giving me a No Data, Retry message. I signed out and back in, with the same result.

Next I tried shutting down the Kindle, but after powering up I was still couldn't get past the message. At this point I checked my iPod Touch to see if it was an issue with the Netflix servers. There I was able to log in without an issue, but I didn't feel like watching a 3 hour movie on it's tiny screen.

I decided to remove the Netflix app from the Kindle to re-install it, and I ran into another problem. The Kindle App Store couldn't find it! I decided to try Netflix on the Kindle's web, and after checking 'yes, keep loading' despite the security warnings, it couldn't load the movie.

At this point I decided to shut it off, and reset the device today. I watched the movie on my Google Chromebook. It was a bit of balancing act since I didn't want to cover the air vents while I watched the movie. I'm not sure how much battery power was at the beginning of the movie, however after 3 hours it was at 54 percent.

The Wolf of Wall Street was good, while Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill were great in their roles. It was more about the debauchery and not about how he ripped people off.

No comments:

Post a Comment