Sunday, January 31, 2016

Peter, Take My Hand!

As I was listening to the Guardian of the Galaxy soundtrack’s ‘Come And Get Your Love’ by Redbone, I thought of the end scene when Star Lord is listening to Awesome Mix Volume 2’s ‘Ain’t No Mountain High’ by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.


When Marvin is singing, we see Peter, when Tammi starts singing, it’s Gamora. I liked how James Gunn synced it up that way. It made me think of the opening scene when Quill is dancing and singing before he steals the orb with the Infinity stone inside. At the climax of the movie, he’s being torn apart by it when Gamora screams “Peter, take my hand!”, this causes Peter to flashback to his mother on her deathbed which gives him the chance to hold her hand one last time.

I’m thinking the song ‘Come And Get Your Love’ at the beginning of the movie, is a setup for the final scene where Peter gets the love of his mother one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment