Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sing Me To Sleep

I've made several playlist on my iPod Touch that help me get to sleep. The first one starts with Emily Browning doing a cover of Asleep by The Smiths, followed by choice selection of acoustics songs by Foo Fighters.

Another one is made up the quieter songs from the Ink Soundtrack. What I like about this playlist is I rearranged the songs which makes for a better flow.

The last one is also quiet songs, but a mix of artists and bands. It also has the Emily Browning cover, but I fall asleep before the first song, Under Your Spell by Desire finishes.

Other nights I listen to Sigur Ros because their music has an ethereal sound to itÁgætis Byrjun and ( ) are the two albums I switch between.

Beck's Sea Change is another album I enjoy because it's different from his other works.

Most of the time I can't make through the first song on every playlist/album before I fall asleep.

What's funny about me writing about my Sleep playlists is that past few nights I haven't been listening to any of them when I go to bed.

Sleep Playlist 1

Asleep - Emily Browning - Sucker Punch Soundtrack
Home - Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
Still - Foo Fighters - In Your Honor Disc 2
What If I Do? - Foo Fighters - In Your Honor Disc 2
Miracle - Foo Fighters - In Your Honor Disc 2
Another Round - Foo Fighters - In Your Honor Disc 2
Over And Out - Foo Fighters - In Your Honor Disc 2
On The Mend - Foo Fighters - In Your Honor Disc 2
Razor - Foo Fighters - In Your Honor Disc 2

Sleep Playlist 2
Midnight Souls Still Remain - M83 - Saturdays = Youth
The Fort - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack
Between The Light - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack
Alone  - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack
The Journey  - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack
Who You Were  - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack
Remember  - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack
The City Surf  - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack
Monsters In The Field  - Jamin Winans - Ink Soundtrack

Sleep Playlist 3
Under Your Spell - Desire - Under Your Spell
Dance With You - Live - The Distance To Here
Asleep - Emily Browning - Sucker Punch Soundtrack
The Sun Never Stops Setting - Moby - South Side
Guitar Flute And String - Moby - Play

No comments:

Post a Comment