Sunday, January 3, 2016

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, A Mostly Spoiler Free Review. Mostly

I was good at avoiding spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, so I'm telling you now that the spoiler I reveal has nothing to do with the story. It's about a character's reaction to a weapon, but I'll alert you before I explain it.

First, my thoughts about the movie. It was good, I enjoyed the shout outs to the original trilogy (eps 4,5,6) along with the use of practical effects. I did feel like I was 7 seven years old again though I got all the jokes this time. My brother and I laughed a lot more than the rest of the audience, which delighted our parents.

One complaint is some of 's acting felt a little over the top. I'd like to chalk it up to his excitement of being in a Star Wars movie.

*** SPOILER ALERT *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

The other moment that felt out of place was when Han used Chewbacca's bowcaster, his reaction primarily because in all the time they spent together, it was like Han had never seen Chewie use it or used it himself. If it wasn't done twice, I could have forgave J.J.
It still made for a nice comedic moment though.

No comments:

Post a Comment