Sunday, August 14, 2016

1 Out Of 1 PDT Recommends Cutting Down Sugar

I cut down on my sugar intake about 2 months by selecting foods with low to no sugar content and have lost weight because of it. Of course, Trader Joe’s debuts their version of the vanilla wafer right when I do. Checking the nutrition information on them 5 cookies has 6 grams of sugar so I bought a box.

I kept them in the freezer to “forget” about them but that backfired a bit since they seemed to be more delicious cold. I maintained my limit to one serving several times a week so I wouldn’t have trouble losing weight.

For a while I used a low sugar milk but it was bothering my stomach so I stopped. I also switched to whole grain wraps and bread. Bread will make you fat, but these are also low calorie and only have toast 3 times a week.

A recent article about yogurt not having any significant health benefits prompted me to start eating unsweetened oatmeal. Adding cinnamon helps but not much of a flavor boost.

Not to mention I do exercise.

I began to notice that I was eating cookies more throughout the week. It was when I’d have a serving when I got home from work, then an hour later another serving where I felt that my body was craving the sugar in them. When I finished off the last batch I didn’t buy another box to avoid the temptation. This prompted me to lose another pound last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment