Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day Tradition

For the past several Valentine’s Day I’ve been single and I celebrate it with meals and movies.

The first year, I got chole peshwari and a side of papad from The Mughal Palace in Valhalla. The movie was Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, with popcorn for a snack.

When WALL-E was released on Blu-Ray I added it to the tradition but changed the order to ESOTSM, go get dinner, then watch WALL-E.

Then Joe VS The Volcano which gets added to the movie line up if Valentine’s falls on a weekend because I can’t stay up too late.

I skipped the movie part of the tradition for 2015 because my apartment had issues with the electrical outlets and I didn’t want to risk damaging my TV or Blu-Ray player.

Since Valentine’s Day was yesterday, I watched all 3 movies throughout the day. Joe VS The Volcano was first, with an egg and potato omelette for breakfast. The movie holds up well after all these years and viewings. I went food shopping afterwards to get ingredients for my lunch.

When I got home and put my groceries away, I made a burrito with refried beans, spicy tofu, guacamole, and chips in a whole wheat wrap. I put Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind in my player and relaxed. The sun coming in the window made me sleepy and I nodded off a bit.

When ESOTSM was over it was close to 5 PM, so I drove over to the Mughal Palace
and got my traditional meal. While I waited for it, I got vanilla ice cream from the Village Creamery & Sweet Shop.

Because it was so cold outside, I had to heat up the chole peshwari and rice a bit. I’ve must have watched WALL-E five times now but I still get misty eyed when he’s watching the scene in Hello Dolly when they’re holding hands, when EVE sees the security camera footage, and of course when EVE fixes WALL-E but he’s forgotten everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment