Sunday, March 27, 2016

Grow Up!

One part of being an adult that I don’t like is when I’m forced to act like one.

I’ll give an example; at a previous job there was a co-worker who didn’t do theirs. Every morning when I go to the office, they’d be on the phone with a friend or family member for at least 45 minutes. When the call was over they began working on their jewelry and/or catering company websites. This was a major violation of our company’s work policy, and they sold bracelets at work to HR no less. They also spent their day watching videos on either the work computer or their smartphone.

I wasn't the only person who was aware of what they were doing, but reporting them to HR or the company hotline would have been wrong.

Another example, co-workers who wore jeans on days designated for business casual. This was especially annoying when I had to go to meetings to remind everyone about the dress code.

Now I could’ve reacted in one of two ways, the first was to act like a child and start goofing off as well, and wear jeans.

Or, the way I always did, keep my frustrations to myself, and kept working.

No comments:

Post a Comment