Sunday, July 31, 2016

SPOILER ALERT! I'M DONE WITH IO9!

After 10 years of being a member of the io9 community, I have decided to stop visiting the site due to a recent article posted about Guardians of The Galaxy 2 where a spoiler was the title. There was no warning as they’ve done in the past so they ruined that part of the movie for me.

I’ve been avoiding spoilers for the movies I want to see and this was the final straw because io9 has been on a steady decline ever since Annalee Newitz and Charlie Jane Anders left to pursue other careers.

I was fine with the Morning Spoiler Report because of the way it was arranged would let me skim over movies or television show I didn’t want to know about. Recently they began posting individual articles about upcoming entertainment and would put spoiler warnings as well. The reason they used in regard to GoTG2 was that it was revealed at San Diego Comic Con and by James Gunn himself saying it wasn’t a twist or spoiler. Since I wanted to wait for the movie this was disappointing fact to learn.

Other reasons I’ve decided to stop visiting the site was their decision to discontinue the Six Word Story days and the decrease in GIF Party Fridays. These two features were for the members of the site to make their own contributions. Then there’s the monthly clickbait about climate change and it being the hottest month.

I guess everything has an end whether we like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment